RapNet


Rapaport News

 

Mining

 

Advanced search
Latest Articles
Videos
Features
News
Mining
Rough Markets
Polished Markets
Manufacturing
Retail

Higher Grades Sustain Gahcho Kué Production

Improved carat-recovery rate offsets impact of planned mine closure.
Oct 28, 2018 8:19 AM   By Rapaport News
Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share


RAPAPORT...
 Production at the Gahcho Kué mine was flat in the third quarter as higher grades offset the impact of a planned closure.

Ore from the asset yielded 2.4 carats of rough diamonds per tonne — an 8% increase versus a year ago. Total output was therefore stable at 1.8 million carats, even as the amount of material treated fell 8% to 759,000 tonnes.

“A planned maintenance shutdown in the plant during the quarter resulted in less ore tonnes passing through the plant in comparison to what has been achieved in previous quarters of 2018,” Mountain Province, which owns just under half of the asset, said in a statement last week. “However, daily throughput in the plant continues to be consistent with our targets for the year.”

Mountain Province’s share of production was 891,000 carats from its 49% stake in the Gahcho Kué project. De Beers holds the remaining 51%.

Mountain Province expects total full-year production at Gahcho Kué to reach the upper end of the miner’s previous estimate of 6.3 million to 6.6 million carats.

Image: Gahcho Kué mine. (Mountain Province)
Tags: De Beers, Gahcho Kué, mountain province, Rapaport News
Similar Articles
Hong KongHong Kong Polished Imports Slide
Aug 13, 2019
Polished-diamond imports to Hong Kong declined 6% in thefirst half, according to data...
Angola Sees Rise in Diamond Revenue
Weak Demand Dents Sales at China’s Kingold
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First



Call Us: 1-702-893-9400
Member License Agreement   RapNet Trading Rules & Code of Conduct    Privacy Policy  
  
twitter twitter
About Rapaport
Advertise with us