Rapaport News



Rapaport Broadcast
Martin Rapaport Addresses Israel Diamond Week
February 12 2020

Advanced search
Latest Articles
Rough Markets
Polished Markets

Gem Diamonds Makes Another Big Discovery

152-carat stone is the sixth find over 100 carats this year.
Mar 8, 2018 3:01 AM   By Rapaport News
Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share

RAPAPORT... Gem Diamonds has recovered a 152-carat stone from its Letšeng mine in Lesotho, the company said Wednesday.

The white, type IIa diamond is the sixth stone over 100 carats the miner has unearthed since the start of 2018. In January, Gem Diamonds found a 910-carat stone, which it claimed was the fifth-largest rough stone in history.

Gem Diamonds’ recovery of large stones has driven its strong results. In 2017, the miner saw a 12% year-on-year sales increase, with the special-size stones fueling a growth of 14% in the average price per carat achieved.

The company owns a 70% stake in Letšeng, with the Lesotho government owning the remaining 30%.
Tags: Gem Diamonds, Lesotho, Letšeng, Letšeng mine, miner, Rapaport News, special-size
Similar Articles
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First

Call Us: 1-702-893-9400
Member License Agreement   RapNet Trading Rules & Code of Conduct    Privacy Policy  
twitter twitter
About Rapaport
Advertise with us