Rapaport News




Advanced search
Latest Articles
Rough Markets
Polished Markets

Firestone Chief Heads to Mountain Province

Stuart Brown will succeed interim CEO David Whittle.
May 16, 2018 9:23 AM   By Rapaport News
Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share
RAPAPORT... Mountain Province has appointed Stuart Brown as its CEO, to succeed interim chief David Whittle, the Canada-based miner said Tuesday.

Brown (pictured), currently CEO of Firestone Diamonds, recently announced he would leave the company on June 30. He was previously CFO of De Beers, as well as joint acting CEO of De Beers’ global activities. Brown will begin his role at Mountain Province on July 1.

“The board conducted an exhaustive search for the role, and Stuart was a standout candidate for the depth of his background in the diamond sector,” said Jonathan Comerford, Mountain Province’s non-executive chairman. “Stuart has incredible experience in the space, having held the highest positions in De Beers. He is also very familiar with the Gahcho Kué diamond mine and its team from his time with De Beers.”

Mountain Province owns 49% of Gahcho Kué, with De Beers holding the remaining 51%.

Whittle has been interim CEO of Mountain Province since Patrick Evans stepped down in June 2017. During his tenure, the miner completed the acquisition of Kennady Diamonds. Whittle will remain on the board as senior non-executive director and head of the audit committee.
Tags: David Whittle, De Beers, Firestone, Firestone Diamonds, Gahcho Kué, Jonathan Comerford, Kennady Diamonds, mountain province, Patrick Evans, Rapaport News, stuart brown
Similar Articles
Rio TintoLosses Deepen at Rio Tinto’s Diamond Unit
Jul 29, 2020
Weak rough demand and a devaluation of assets pushed Rio Tinto’s...
Rio Tinto Grants Rough Buyers Flexibility
Petra Revenue Falls to Nine-Year Low
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First

Call Us: 1-702-893-9400
Member License Agreement   RapNet Trading Rules & Code of Conduct    Privacy Policy  
twitter twitter
About Rapaport
Advertise with us