RapNet


Rapaport News

 

Mining

 
Rapaport Broadcast
Martin Rapaport’s Webinar on Estate Jewelry
October 30 2019

Advanced search
Latest Articles
Videos
Features
News
Mining
Rough Markets
Polished Markets
Manufacturing
Retail

Mountain Province Gets Approval for Kennady Deal

Shareholders give green light to acquisition.
Apr 10, 2018 8:24 AM   By Rapaport News
Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share


RAPAPORT... Mountain Province will move forward with its acquisition of Kennady Diamonds, after both parties’ shareholders approved the deal at a special meeting.

In January, Mountain Province announced its intention to repurchase the Kennady exploration project in Canada after a five-year separation.

“The Kennady acquisition notably strengthens Mountain Province’s asset base,” Mountain Province CEO David Whittle said. “The Kelvin and Faraday resources offer a compelling opportunity to not only extend life of mine at Gahcho Kué, but to potentially enhance the cash-flow profile of the current mine plan.”

The deal will also provide Kennady shareholders with a premium on their share price, as well as greater share liquidity, said Kennady director Claudia Tornquist.

Gahcho Kué is a partnership between De Beers, which holds a 51% stake, and Mountain Province, which owns the remaining 49%. In March, the companies signed a non-binding agreement to share ownership of the Kennady project as well by incorporating it into the adjacent Gahcho Kué asset. That arrangement is dependent on Mountain Province getting approval for the Kennady takeover, the partners said.

The transaction still awaits final consent at an Ontario Supreme Court of Justice hearing, which is scheduled for April 11, with the closing of the deal slated for April 13.
Tags: acquisition, Claudia Tornquist, David Whittle, De Beers, Faraday, Gahcho Kué, kelvin, kennady, Kennady Diamonds, mountain province, Ontario Supreme Court of Justice, Rapaport News
Similar Articles
Lucapa Lulo 150Lucapa Eyes Increased Share in Lulo
Nov 28, 2019
Lucapa Diamond Corporation is in advanced discussions withthe Angolan government to secure...
Emerald Demand Buoyant at Gemfields Rough Sale
Letšeng Yields Two Diamonds Above 100ct.
Comments: (0)  Add comment Add Comment
Arrange Comments Last to First



Call Us: 1-702-893-9400
Member License Agreement   RapNet Trading Rules & Code of Conduct    Privacy Policy  
  
twitter twitter
About Rapaport
Advertise with us