RapNet


Rapaport News

 

Financial-Legal

 

Advanced search
Latest Articles
Videos
Features
News
Mining
Rough Markets
Polished Markets
Manufacturing
Retail

Three Convictions in Hatton Garden Heist

Jan 18, 2016 10:03 AM   By Rapaport News
Print Print Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter Share Share
RAPAPORT... Three members of a gang were convicted in connection with a $20 million (GBP 14 million) heist in London’s Hatton Garden diamond district, The Guardian reported January 14.

Carl Wood of Cheshunt, Hertfordshire; William Lincoln of Bethnal Green, east London; and Hugh Doyle, of Enfield, north London, were found guilty by a court in London January 14, the U.K. daily said.

A group of men drilled through a 50 centimeter-thick concrete wall to break into the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit vault over the Easter weekend in 2015, the report said. Some $12.8 million of the loot has not been recovered yet. The raid resulted in 39 victims losing property.

The leader of the gang, Brian Reader, admitted guilt last year. A total of nine people have pled guilty or been convicted in connection with the burglary and handling diamonds, bullion and cash hauled from 73 security boxes. A key gang member nicknamed “Basil,” captured on camera with a wig of red hair, is still at large.
Tags: crime, hatton garden, Hatton Garden heist, london, Rapaport News
Similar Articles



Call Us: 1-702-893-9400
Member License Agreement   RapNet Trading Rules & Code of Conduct    Privacy Policy  
  
twitter twitter
About Rapaport
Advertise with us